R4R final congress, 23 October 2014, Sofia
Let's discover the results and tools of R4R:...
Speaker presentations from the June Series of Business Breakfasts.
The events were held in Cork on 24th June, Kilkenny 25th June...
Among the measures contained in “A Resource Opportunity – Waste Management Policy In Ireland” which will play an important role in the...
Cooking Demonstration, Dingle Cookery School, Friday 3rd October 5pm
Well known Chef, Mark Doe, who will do a...
The Role of the Southern Region Waste Management Office:
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the regional waste management plan for the southern waste region;
- Co-ordinating, in partnership with the member local authorities, the development and implementation of the objectives set out in the Regional Waste Management Plan and ensuring that the targets set out in the Plan are achieved within the specified dates.
- Proactively promoting prevention, minimisation, re-use and recycling of waste in accordance with the waste hierarchy and in association with industries, businesses, other statutory and non-statutory Agencies;
- Fostering community awareness of waste management issues in association with the Environmental Awareness Officers in each of the member local authorities.
- Establishing single-issue task groups on issues such as the management of construction and demolition waste, education and awareness and historic landfill sites.